Monday, May 4, 2015

3 mais almas ao Senhor :) I love baptisms!!

We had our miracle baptisms :) Ângela, Larissa and Giovanna passed their baptismal interviews, we were so so so happy for them!! We were super sad that Gabriel didn't pass, he has law of chastity problems that we're going to work through with him, but he was super happy at the baptismal service too. It was great to see him smiling, since he almost never smiles. :) 
It was super great, the same day as Larissa's birthday :) definitely a birthday she's never going to forget. I love this family sooooo much, Geralda (the woman on the far right) was just glowing because she's been the only member in her family for months now <3 She was glowing as she saw her daughter and granddaughters in white <3

Eva fell this week and hurt herself, it wasn't too good...we went there the day after she passed her baptismal interview to find her with this huge elastic brace around her stomach... we offered her a priesthood blessing and she accepted, we called some members and they came to give her a blessing of health. Made me so grateful for willing priesthood holders who help those around them that are in need. She'll be baptized next week with Leonardo.

Highlights:
-Geralda gave us one of the many guitars in her home
-buying açai in the street all the time <3

I've decided I want to learn Spanish! Ask for El Libro de Mormón from the mission office, reading it every night with Sister Alvarez to correct my pronunciation... I'll only have the gift of tongues here, I'm going to make the best of it. And there's the promise of the Book of Mormon that if you read it ALL in another language, you'll learn it. :)

Relief Society yesterday was about Family Home Evening, it was such a good reminder to me about latter-day revelation... I'm so grateful that God loves us enough that He still talks with us. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, who speaks with God to give us direction. I'm immensely grateful for Jesus Christ, that He will never give up on us, even when we turn away from Him. He's always there with extended arms. Patiently waiting for us to try again. <3 <3 <3

Tenha uma ótima semana! Amo todos vocês <3
Muito amor,
Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment