Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Brazilian Bus Stations

I don't have much time, we're in Palmas as we just got out of a zone activity... but here it's a nice balmy 98 degrees Fahrenheit, awesome yeah? ;)
This week has been craaazzy we lost 2 whole days of work because we've been bouncing back and forth from Gurupí to Palmas... it's only a 5-hour bus trip!! #sarcasm #farthestareabybus #adventureseveryday I love my crazy brazilian adventures!!

This week we did lots of contacting and proseliting in the street... we meet some really great people, I have been devouring Preach My Gospel and really learning about how the BOOK OF MORMON is the center. We have to teach people about the Book of Mormon, it is that important that we read it and know it by heart so we can share it with others.

We had a sad lesson with Thaynara... we were trying to helkp her with the repentance process as she had law of chastity problems and tripped up a little bit last weekend, and we went back there and she said that she hadn't repented completely yet, she didn't regret what she did, and that she wouldn't be going to church because they don't have meetings at night. But that she would be going to church at night.
When we told her there are only morning meetings... she said she would be going to a different church at night.
We started a discussion about the Book of Mormon, she said she has a firm testimony that the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God!! She truly believes that!! And how she believes that the Church is the only true church on the face of this Earth.
But how she wouldn't go to church Sunday morning because it's too early for her and doesn't fit in her schedule.

We've made lots of awesome new plans to work with the members and have lots of family home evenings!! I truly know that the best way to share the gospel is through the members of the church!! They have already accepted it, they have testimonies!! And we as missionaries need to help them help their neighbors and family and friends learn about the restored gospel.

I am so grateful for my Savior. I am so grateful that He was willing to die for me and feel every pain I would ever feel in this life. We are never alone. We never walk our paths by ourselves. He is always with us.
He walked our path way, way before we did.
When we seek relief, when we are looking for something who can relate to our situation and give us the comfort we so desperately need...
who better than HIM to share in our sorrows. He who is 'acquainted with grief'.

I love my Savior. I love this restored gospel. I love the Book of Mormon and know that is the word of God!! I am so grateful for a living prophet and 12 apostles, the same organization that Jesus Christ Himself organized when He was here!!

I love you and hope we can all remember what we're truly grateful for this Thanksgiving.
I'm grateful for this gospel.

Muito amor,
Sister Hill 💜

p.s. no way to send pictures today, next week ❇

No comments:

Post a Comment