Tuesday, January 26, 2016

GOD IS A REAL BEING!!



Oi para todos,

This was such a wonderful, spiritual week for me. My first week with my dearest Sister Ortiz!! Sister Ortiz is from El Salvador, she's very special to me because we knew each other in the CTM and always tried to communicate...in our mixed-up 3 languages hahaha. She is such a sweetheart, we're going home the same week, so this is both of ours' last transfer.
This week we worked super super hard, finding lots of new investigators and preparing Thiago for his baptism...we felt thatthis Sunday wasn't right, so we decided to remark his baptismal date for the 30th which is this Saturday. We think he'll be much more prepared...he chose Bishop Viana to baptize him, I know it will be such a beautiful beautiful service on Saturday!!

I love their family so so so so much, I feel at home when I'm with them ❤ The Lord seriously blesses me with a brazilian mother in each area, I am so so so grateful!!

It has been raining crazyyyy here, Tocantins weather in the 'winter' is like Utah weather... bipolar. 😊 

This weekend I read a pretty amazing talk from Elder Holland in the 2016 Liahona titled 'Knowing the Godhead', if you have a chance please read it, I absolutely loved it.

I think the paragraph that shook me was this:
[God] is real being, an actual person, literal Father of flesh and bone who speaks and sees and feels, who knows all His children’s names and all their needs, who hears all their prayers, and who wants all His children in His Church.
I testify of Elder Holland's words, that God truly does have a body of flesh and bone, I know that He is my Father, I know that He hears me and loves me and will always take care of me. I know that He blesses me when I keep His commandments.
I have never had a stronger love for my Father in Heaven than I have today. ❤
I hate email because there are some things that can only be expressed when I bear my testimony because I feel the Spirit!!! But I know that this work is the work of the Lord!! I know that through Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ restored His true Church here to the Earth. And I know this because every day as I study and pray about the Book of Mormon God tells me through His Holy Spirit that everything I say when I open my mouth is true.

I have never felt closer to my Savior than here. Because I feel Him and His angels at my side as I preach His word.

I love every one of you, thank you for your support. 💜
Sister Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment