Monday, January 18, 2016

We Are All Cockroaches

Oi gente!!

This week Sister Fernandes was my companion and it was just us 2 here in our area, kind of crazy because all of our work we were doing in name of the 2 companionships...but it was wonderful, I learned so much with this sweet sister that I love tons and tons.

I finished her training this week, so we say that I'm her 'stepmother' ;) haha it was so crazy watching The District over again, it's been soooo longgggg since I've watched it but it was amazing and I learned so much this week.

Thiago is a special 15-year-old boy, son of a recent-convert family...he went to church for the first time yesterday and will be baptized this Sunday, I'm so excited for him!! Please pray that everything works out. He is reading the Book of Mormon and receiving answers about who he is and his destiny as a son of God. He is such a good kid, I'm proud of him. He wanted to leave early before YMs yesterday but I didn't let him, I made him stay the entire time, and he finally left with a smile on his face because he knows that I wasn't gonna let him leave early haha. This week we gotta rush through the rest of the lessons but it's all gonna work out because with faith we can move mountains!!!!

This week I have been deeply studying a talk from last General Conference...and this talk has touched me so, so hard, I don't think I've ever been so deeply hit by a conference talk before.
It's called 'Remembering in Whom We Have Trusted' by Elder Allen D. Haynie, it is so so so so wonderful I cried through the whole thing because I felt like he was literally speaking to me.

I love what he says about repentance:

"I testify that the Savior wilnever turn away from us when we humbly seek Him in order trepent; will never consider us to be lost cause; will never say, “Oh no, not you again”; will never reject us becausof failure to understand how hard it is to avoid sin. He understands it all perfectly, including the sense of sorrowshame, and frustration that is the inevitable consequence of sin."
I can also testify that I know that the Savior's Atonement is real and it made repentance possible so that we could become as our Heavenly Father is, I know that it's true!! I know that the Atonement can literally change us if we seek to know our Savior better and seek to know the enabling power as well as the healing power of the Atonement.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

I'm grateful for my mission.
Jesus Christ has changed me through my mission.

I love you all, thank you for supporting me in what has been the best thing for my life and eternity. 💜

Sister Hill

p.s. the sisters in Gurupi (my last area) surprised me with this t-shirt yesterday at the bus station that they made about our transfer there. we're all cockroaches hahahah cause there were always huge cockroaches running around in our house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment