Monday, October 5, 2015

#ilovegeneralconference

I absolutely love general conference...such a special spirit it always brings. Especially with this special session where 3 apostles of the Lord were called. I don't know almost anything about Elder Rasband, Elder Stevenson or Elder Renlund... but I know that they have been called of God! I am so grateful for the Church's organization. The organization of the Church of Jesus Christ is something that I have truly gained a testimony of here in the mission...the fact that Jesus Christ established His Church 2,000 years ago when He was on the earth, and that now in 2015, the Church is the SAME. Nothing changes. Because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 💞

Iva (wife of Donizett) went to conference with her son! I called her that morning to confirm that everything was OK for her going...and she said that Donizett had gone to the farm. But she said that it was 'super close' #pertinho to her house...about 20 minutes walking uphill. And she came and it was amazing!! And we finally got to meet her son João Vitor, and he loved it too. Such a special meeting.

Maxwell went too. It was super good to see him there. Susiclei is still in Bahia (her home state) and will be there a couple more weeks...and he loved the conference a lot, he's still struggling a bit with the Word of Wisdom because he's a truck driver and they have a different lifestyle, but he's making an effort to be good and I'm proud of him.

This week in my Book of Mormon reading I read about Jesus Christ coming to the Americas... what a blessed passage of scripture. I love it. It is such a strong witness to me that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God, wth how perfectly Christ quotes Isaiah and Malachai (am I spelling that right?...). 
But I think one of my favorite parts of this amazing story (TRUE story!!) is when the people are confused about what to call the church.
And Christ teaches them:
 Have they not read the scriptures, which say ye must take upon you the name of Christ, which is my name? Forby this name shall ye be called at the last day;
 And whoso taketh upon him mname, and endureth to the end, the same shall be saved at the last day.
 Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in mname that he will bless the church for my sake.
 And how be it my church save it be called in my name?For if church be called in Moses’ name then it be Moses’church; or if it be called in the name of man then it be the church of man; but if it be called in my name then it is mchurch, if it so be that theare built upon my gospel.
How blessed I feel to know that Christ's Church is here on the earth today. I know that it is His because it carries His name. Because the name that I carry on my heart every day is His name.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly God's kingdom here on the earth today. There is not a doubt in my mind about this. I know that the things I have learned since I was little are true. I know of these things because every time I remember I pray and ask God to confirm these things in my heart... and He always does. ❤

I am grateful every day to be a part of this work. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that God loves His children. I know that the work and glory of Heavenly Father is truly to help us on the path that will take us to live with Him again.
I love my Savior. I love my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Muito amor e beijos pra todos 💜

Sister [Braz]Hill 


🌎

No comments:

Post a Comment