Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Our First Baptism!!! with pictures



Oi família e amigos,

This week was great. We had the baptism of Rodrygo yesterday!! My first baptism, it was awesome. He's great. Andreia is travelling for Christmas but when she gets back we're hoping that she can finally find a time to be baptized. Pictures attached of the happy day. :)

The past few days have been super interesting...something happened with the electricity bill, and for the past 4 days we've been without electricity. No hot water, no ironing, no light, and no refridgerator. Dad, you know that headlamp you made me bring that I didn't want to but brought anyway? Ummm I've never been more grateful for that silly contraption than now. #iuseittoreadmyscriptures #itsamazingwhatyoucandowhenyoudonthavetoholdaflashlight #whoknew #ohyeahthatsrightmyDaddid

t is way strange to not have snow. Honestly, it doesn't feel like Christmas. Irmã Giann (i think i mentioned her last week?), her mom made dresses for Christmas for the four of us missionary sisters!!! And they're amazing. I get mine tomorrow, I'll take a picture of it and send it:) tomorrow we take the 13-hour bus ride to Brasilia for the Christmas Conference with the mission!! I'm excited to see Sister Heck, I miss her soo much haha.

We had Stake Conference yesterday, Sister Marriott spoke in portuguese! I didn't know that she knew any portuguese! She has a very, very strong accent but I could understand everything she said. Larry W. Wilson also spoke, his was about the iron rod. Loved it. And Elder Cook spoke too. It was so fantastic. The members here cry when they get to hear the words of representatives of the Lord <3 Makes me cry.

The baptism of Rodrygo was amazing. When I saw him go under the water I almost just broke in tears...ugh it's so amazing to see somebody change their life for the better. And baptism is just the beginning! There is so much more that will happen.

I got your first letter this week, postmarked November 7th. Haven't had time to open it yet. Sooo takes about a month and 10 days to get from UT to Brasil to Palmas. Hmm. Not too shabby. ;)

Thank you for the FHE ideas. Thank you for the prayers. I've passed the homesickness phase. I've realized I don't want to be anywhere else but here, because now I have relationships with these people and I want to be around them!!!!!!!! Now that I can finally communicate... Mom I think I had a tiny "click" the other day. On the 13th. And I just started talking with people... it's amazing, the day when you finally don't have to translate everything you hear into english before you can speak. You just know what they're saying. It's the most incredible thing. the gift of tongues is so real.

The scriptures are amazing. I finished the Book of Mormon, starting over... can I just say Nephi is so incredible?
I had a little revelation about the story of Lehi and Nephi the other day...
When the Lord commands for Lehi's family to depart into the wilderness, they depart.
But the Lord didn't tell them at this point in time where they were going. He hadn't told them yet about the promised land.
But they left.
They had so much faith in the Lord that they just left without knowing where they were going.
I want to be like that!!

Thank you for the support, thank you for everything.
More pictures to come.
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10daysleft

Muito amor,
Sister Hill

p.s. don't take electricity for granted
p.p.s. getting devoured by mosquitoes here but it's all good ;)
p.p.p.s. you forget sunscreen ONE DAY and you're fried.
p.p.p.p.s. pamonia is amazing. so is panatone. google them ;)



Also attached a picture of me and Sarah, a primary girl in the ward. We drew pictures while waiting for Almoço. <3

Hope everybody is well, keep sharing that awesome video Ele É O Presente!!! (He is the Gift.) Share it share it share itttttttt. I love the campaigns that the church does. So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment