Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Conference, pictures and no electricity

Dearest family and friends!

Hope everybody is well. This week was a little different since we went to BRASÍLIA for our Christmas Conference!! It was so exhausting but still great. We literally (and anybody who knows me knows that I only use this word when I really mean it) spent more time on the ônibus than in Brasília. With 27 hours on the bus, and 12 hours in Brasília. But I got to see the wonderful missionaries from my MTC district!! SISTER HECK! I've missed those people. It was super fun to hear their stories, catch up since we hadn't seen each other since October... and I know that I probably won't see them for a while. It was super good to see them.

And we watched Frozen!!!! in Portuguese. Honestly I missed hearing the music in English because I love it so much... but it was still great. Olaf is still hysterical, even in português. "só coisas boas, só coisas boas." (all good things, all good things)... <3 #iloveOlaf
We watched Ephraim's Rescue too! I loved it, I had never seen that movie before...such a powerful movie about faith and our spiritual gifts. And that we can be tools in the Lord's hand to minister as the Savior would minister if He were here today.

Us and the 2 sisters in our house went street contacting for an entire day on Saturday, since we didn't have any commitments... we sang Christmas hymns for the entire world!! It was seriously the best thing ever. There was this one lady who when we started singing for her and her daughter, started filming us with her smartphone. It was so hilarious hahaha. Afterwards she was hugging all of us, so grateful for the present we gave her... interesting how some people just need that little reminder <3 I loved it so much, it was fantastic and we had a ton more contacts.

Dreams in portuguese have started. Had a dream the other night that my portuguese scriptures had magically turned into english scriptures... and weird stuff like that. It's all part of the experience:)

We had the ward Christmas party the other day. Papai Noel (Santa Claus) was definitely the highlight, walking in and giving Bis (chocolate wafer candy, sooo good) to the kids... Santa was a member from the ward. I loved how everybody freaked out;) it was so fantastic. The food was great. I could seriously go on for hours about the food.

We're still without electricity and energy in the house. #coldshowersfordayzz #stillusingtheheadlamp #reusingclothesbecausewecantusetheiron
Exciting adventures here without light and electricity. :) #missionarylife

Lovin' it here. Hope everybody has a super great Christmas!!! And don't forget the real meaning <3 That through Jesus Christ, we can change!!!!

Feliz Natal, Boas Festas para todos!
Muito amor,

Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment