Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bom dia!
 
This week has been good. The days go by faster and faster as you learn more about your surroundings. I finally know where I'm going and what I'm doing (for the most part anyway), so I can focus on studying instead of what's next, etc. It's great.
This week wasn't too exciting or anything...me and Sister Heck taught THREE LESSONS on Monday. I know to you missionaries it doesn't seem like a ton, but it was a ton for us since we've only been here for three weeks!! We taught two pesquisadores (investigators) and a member. (of course none of these people are real pesquisadores or anything...but in the MTC things seem real. it's true.) As our Portuguese gets better and better, we can start focusing on the DOCTRINE of the lesson and less about having to communicate our thoughts and feelings. O Dom do Linguas (the gift of tongues) is seriouslyso real. I truly believe it!! There is NO way I would be able to learn all of this in this short amount of time. I have truly witnessed that the only way I would be--and have been--able to do this is through the Spirit!!
 
Sunday was Fast & Testimony meeting. We fasted starting lunch Saturday afternoon, until lunch Sunday afternoon. It was great. I love fasting because after a while you're not physically hungry anymore...as I sat in sacrament meeting I just felt sospiritually fed that I didn't need literal food! It's the coolest thing ever, I love it.
I actually shared my testimony in Portuguese in sacrament meeting in my branch! I didn't expect to, I wasn't planning on it...but it's amazing how the Spirit will assist you to say what you need to say when you need to say it. I love that.
 
On Sunday night devotional, a former member of the Quorum of the 70 came to speak to us. I believe his name is Elder Reis? Not sure how you spell it, since his name was pronounced in Portuguese...but for every devotional, the missionaries learn a choral number and perform it for the speakers of the devotional along with the MTC President and his wife. That night we sand 'Chamada a Servir', Called to Serve. It was the most incredible thing to witness, seeing and hearing 300 missionaries, most of them brasilieros, singing in Portuguese for their Savior before we embark on our individual missions! It was truly amazing, I don't think I'll forget that feeling for a while.
 
Today's P-Day, so we get to go explore the streets after emailing!! Irmao Hyrum (our instrutor) is taking our district to go get some awesome Brazilian hot dogs, I'm sooo excited. I've heard awesome things about these hot dogs. Mm.
 
I hope you all have an awesome week!! Remember that God loves you and has a plan for you!! <3
 
Muito amor,
 
Sister M. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment