Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Oi, minha familia e amigos!!
 
This week has been really quite fantastic!! I LOVE the CTM. The Spirit is so strong here!! Every meeting we have, every devotional and church meeting...the Spirit is amazing! There really is something so different about being with a group of people who are all focused on the same thing, at the same time. It's incredible.
 
Last week Elder Scott spoke at the Provo MTC, we got to watch it here in the CTM on Sunday for devotional! I loved it so much and took TONS of notes. He spoke about prayer and how Heavenly Father put us on earth to SUCCEED!! He talked a lot about asking the right questions. Something he said that really struck me hard was: "A withheld answer [to a prayer] is evidence of His trust in you." I love that!! Just because we don't get an immediate answer, it doesn't mean He's not listening--He trusts us to make the right decision!!!!
 
P-Days here in the CTM are the BEST. We get to go to the Sao Paulo temple in the morning, then we can head over to the Distrubition Center (so far I've gotten nice Portuguese scriptures there, Pregar Meu Evangelho, and a pic of the temple)...things in the DC here are SO much cheaper than in the states, btw. The temple is SO beautiful, I wish I could send pictures!! But no sending pictures in the CTM. :P
 
My Portuguese is getting so much better!! I can actually complete sentences. I love talking to everyone I see. I feel like a little kid who is just learning to talk and read, so I talk to everybody and then read every Portuguese word we pass by on the bus to the temple...I love it. :)
Fun fact: It takes about an hour and a half for us to drive to the temple in the mornings (rush hour traffic)... that's the farthest I've ever had to drive to get to a temple!! Ever!! I've been blessed, that's for sure!!
 
I love teaching lessons. I am getting better and better at teaching with every lesson that I give and every pesquisador (investigator) that I speak with...The Spirit is so real, I know that I could not do any of this on my own. There's no way I would be learning Portuguese this fast, and there's no way I would be teaching people about the gospel in Portuguese by myself. I know that Heavenly Father will use me as an instrument if I am willing and ready!!!
 
My favorite scripture this week is in Helaman chapter 10. Verses 4-5 hit me!! Nefi got down too, which showed me that even the best missionaries aren't happy all the time. But I love the counsel that the Lord gives him in these verses. So inspiring to me.
 
I hope you are all doing well! Muito amor de Brasil!! <3
 
Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment