Monday, February 16, 2015

Grateful for the Plan of Salvation

This week was so good, so many things happened. I hope I can clear my mind enough to have time to write everything that I was meaning to write. <3

President came this week! He arrived on MondayTuesday morning we had our training with the assistants (Elder Kendall Clinger is assistant here, nice to have a native Bountiful-ite), and afterwards, President talked with us.
He told us about a film that touched him much that an apostle (I forgot which) showed to him. President said to the apostle "I have to have a copy of this film for my missionaries." The apostle got a special copy (in portuguese, of course) to President, and then he got permission to show it to all of us missionaries here.
Can I just say... that film was amazing. I loved every second of it. I remember when I went with my work at BYU, the CLO, and we heard about it from the people that work in the Church Office Building... I was so sad that I would miss it. I was pretty sad that I would have to wait until after my mission to see it. You can imagine my surprise when I heard that that would be the movie we would watch...

It was hard to hold the tears back through the film. Such a powerful message, such powerful stories. Of course a chapel full of missionaries, 90% that are Sisters, lost it when the 6th story talked about the Missionary Mom and her son that went on the mission... such an amazing film. I loved it so much. I loved the Spirit that it contains. <3

President had some amazing words for us. He taught us from Alma 5, telling us that the Second Coming isn't as far away as we think it is. We, as missionaries, need to find the people that ARE ready to hear the gospel! Because they're here, just waiting for somebody to find them. Such an amazing message that is.

I cried a little when I read that Uncle Herb passed away. <3 It's crazy how things happen without me being there... it's so weird being on a mission when things in the world happen. Haha. You're playing the flute!! I know it will be beautiful. Beatles Song<3 which one? Take a video, I want to see it :)

Yayayayay Gracie, she'll be 11, right? How exciting!!

I also am grateful for the Plan of Salvation. It's such an amazing thing that we teach here in the mission. So many people don't have that knowledge that they will see their loved ones again. They're not lost! They're not gone forever! They're just in a different state. In fact, they're in a way better state than we are... but they're working, and they're working hard to get everyone prepared for when Jesus will come again.

It's interesting to think about how the spirit world is actually here on the earth... i truly believe that. Everybody's working. Because Jesus is coming. And we need to prepare, even if we don't have a body.

Almost forgot!! I got the package this week, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. That little flash drive with 32GB...yes, I cried when I put it in and heard all of thew onderful things that you put on it. Especially Scripture Scouts... ughhh thank you so much, I wish I could express my grattitude through words but I just can't.

Also, I truly believe that the Spirit whispered to Dad to tell him to put a Conference Ensign in that package. I cried when I saw that Ensign. I haven't been able to read the Conference talks from October, and that was waaaay back when I was in the CTM. I'm reading them all right now.

Today I read the talk from Elder Gavarett, I loved reading it. I had forgotten that story about his wife. Or maybe I was sleeping when he told it the first time. But when I got to that part, I was like 'awwww!'. I love that talk. Such a powerful message about following our Savior through our actions. It's one thing to say that you will follow the Savior... but our words aren't what will go down in the books. It's our actions. It's the covenants that we make while we're here. It's going to the temple, going to church, reading our scriptures, doing family history work...

thank you for the New Eras and the Friends too! Another friend is always nice! ;) haha. I was really impressed with the New Eras, the Church is really improving the layout of everything. It's much more visually appealing to the youth these days. Especially that one that focused on Family History work, I was really impressed. The apostles are really talking about familiy history these days. That doing our indexing and family history work is just as important as going to the temple, if not more important.

This week I received a packet of letters from the ward, thank you Moss Hill Ward family!! I loved them so much. Arrived a little late (thanks to being here 13 hours away from the mission home;) but I'm so grateful for your words. Thank you. 

Muito amor, tenha uma boa semana!

Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment