Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What is Humility?

Family and Friends,

Olá! Hope everybody had a good week.

This week was full of lots of good things... EVERYBODY goes out of town for Christmas and the New Year. Some people go out of town and never even come back... interesting how that works, especially for trying to teach and mark baptismal dates. So. Now everybody is returning from viagem, and we can continue the work.

Yesterday in sacrament meeting was amazing. We got to hear the testimonies of the members who went to the temple... I cried through the entire thing. The Spirit was so pure. 3 families were sealed for time and all eternity in the Campinas Temple this past week, it was such a special thing to hear their testimonies of the Plan of Salvation. Chorei chorei chorei. I have such a testimony of the Plan of Salvation.
Rodrygo and Andreia finally returned from their travels, they came to sacrament meeting yesterday. They're still reading the Book of Mormon together every day. We want to invite Andreia to baptism later tonight. She reads the scriptures more than Rodrygo, and he's baptized! He received his white shirt/tie yesterday... the smile on his face was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. He had been asking for church clothes since his baptism, one month now. <3

Transfer was yesterday... and Sister Alves left for Brasília. This week I cried a lot, let's just say that. I'm going to miss her so much. She's my mom in the mission, taught me português, taught me everything... I'll miss her so much. And honestly, I don't feel the tiniest bit ready to show a new missionary from Brasília about this area. I feel like I know absolutely nothing about Palmas still... but if the Lord thinks I can do it, I can! Just need to have faith.
I've been thinking a lot about humility this week. Humility is a confidence in the Lord that the plan He has for you is what's best for you! To be humble is to trust in Him completely, trusting that He will lead you in the right way if you just let go. I love that.
I know I probably forgot a bajillion things that I wanted to say... but it's all good. Haven't moved houses yet, we're still 4 sisters in a tiny apartment.
All good here, pray for me this next week that I can know where I'm going <3
Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment